ProblemHow to refresh HiCommand Servers connected to arrays discovered by CommandCentral Storage (CCS)
SolutionRefreshing Hitachi HDvM / CVAE servers on a daily basis ensures that the corresponding CCS discovery data is current.
To configure the ability to run a windows scheduler task to complete the refresh follow the steps below:
1. Edit the HiCommandCLI.properties file in the HiCommand CLI (Command Line Interface) install directory.
2. Make sure the URL points to the Hitachi Device Manager Server
3. Change the username to an user able to execute the commands
4. Change the password to correspond to that user
5. Use the RefreshHiCommand.bat (attached below) to refresh your arrays
6. Add it to Windows Scheduler or Unix cron job after conversion to a script file (.sh)
Note: HiCommand version 6.2 comes with an auto refresh feature