Event ID 7077: "Legacy registry values are in use. Enterprise Vault has a new method of backing up Vault Stores that cannot be used until you remove this registry value. See the Administrator's Guide for information about backing up Vault Stores" is generated after successful backup of Enterprise Vault
Source: Enterprise Vault
Category: Storage Server
Description: Legacy registry values are in use. Enterprise Vault has a new method of backing up Vault Stores that cannot be used until you remove this registry value. See the Administrator's Guide for information about backing up Vault Stores.
The following legacy registry values were found:
- Check the registry for the presence of the registry keys listed in the event 7077.
- If you are running Enterprise Vault release 8.0 or higher, perform the following steps.
- Type SERVICES.MSC from 'Run' in the server Start menu.
- Take note of any service that begins with 'Enterprise Vault' and is 'Started'.
- Stop the Enterprise Vault Admin Service.
- Run Regedit.
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Storage
- Remove the entries that are listed in the error, this will most likely be following:
- Close the registry editor.
- Start the Enterprise Vault Admin Service.
- Start all remaining Enterprise Vault services that were noted above as 'Started'.
- Edit each of your pre and post backup scripts to verify that they are not trying to merge in the legacy keys. Look for CALL or MERGE commands, as well as any reference to any file with the '.reg' file extension.