Backup selection list of set include items fail with error "0xe000fe3c - Before you can back up this resource, you must first purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent."
0xe000fe3c - Before you can back up this resource, you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent.
UMI code: V-79-57344-65084
The above error can be caused due to any of the following reasons :
- The resource being backed up is not licensed (issue may occur 60 days after use as evaluation mode has expired).
- The resource is no longer part of the environment.
- The server is being backed up by a different name (server shows in the selection list as the Net Bios name and the job log shows the fully qualified domain name.
- Backup Exec has been updated from a previous version.
Solution 1 :
Confirm if the License for the concerned Agent is Installed and if not then Contact Symantec Enterprise Licensing for further queries (1-800-327-2232).
Solution 2 :
Edit the selection list and delete the resource which no longer exists in the environment (It may be necessary to run a repair on Backup Exec from Add/Remove Programs as well)
Solution 3 :
Edit the selection list in "Details View" and delete the entry for the server name which no longer exists.
Solution 4 :
Check the selection list and verify whether the server is selected for the backup. If not , select the right server and Re run the backup job
Solution 5 :
Recreate a new selection list and associate the job with it.
Solution 6 :
If the Backup Exec installation is within 60 day evaluation period, uninstall all license keys from the server.
- From Backup Exec go to Tools - Install Options and License Keys on this Media server.
- Remove and reinstall all license keys.
- Restart the Backup Exec Services after installing the licenses.
- Perform additional testing to confirm the issue is resolved.
Solution 7 :
If reinstalling license keys doesn't work, try backing up with no license keys installed. If the issue persists, contact Symantec technical support.