ProblemHow to put IBM DB2 9.5 into Archive Logging to enable online backups with Backup Exec
While IBM DB2 databases are in Circular Logging mode online backups will fail. In order to take DB2 hot backups (online backups) the database logging mode must be configured into Archive Logging mode.
To put database into Archive Logging mode follow next steps:
1) Look for DB2 Manager icon in the Windows tray, right click on it and select DB2 Control Center ...
2) Select the Advanced Control Center view
3) On the All Databases node select the database to backup by a right click and select Configure Database Logging option
4) By default Circular Logging mode is selected. Review the image to confirm that Online backups are not possible. Select Archive Logging option and press Next button
5) Discuss with the DB2 DBA the most appropriated method to handle the archived logs files and press Next button.
6) Discuss with the DB2 DBA the number and size of the archived logs files and press Next button.
7) Discuss with the DB2 DBA the location of the archived log files and press Next button.
8) Press Finish button to set the database into Archive Logging mode.