Installation of the Symantec tape device drivers appears to be successful, but the drivers are not installed, a yellow exclamation shows in the Windows Device Manager, the driver provider remains either unknown or Microsoft, and code 39 is logged in the 'driver' tab in the tape device properties window.
- Go to the following path in the registry:
- In the right hand pane for class make sure it states 'Tape drive'.
- In the right hand pane look for upper filter and lower filter, right click on them one by one, and delete them.
- Reboot the server. Install the latest Symantec Tape Device Drivers by either running LiveUpdate or by manually downloading them from Symantec's Web Site. http://www.symantec.com/business/support/downloads.jsp?pid=15047
- Confirm the device drivers have installed properly by checking the properties on the tape drive once again in the Windows Device Manager.