Backups of Mac OS X fail with '0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.' when using the Remote Agent for Macintosh Servers (RAMS).
V-79-57344-33967 - Error 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
This typically occurs when the following are true:
- Entire path length is greater than 256 characters (including spaces).
- Folder names include french accents .
- Stop RAMS by issuing the following command from a terminal session: # SyStemStarter stop VRTSrams
- Edit /etc/VRTSralus/ralus.cfg and add 8859-1 to the Encoder line so that it now reads:
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\Encoder=8859-1
- Start RAMS: SyStemStarter start VRTSrams