How to apply the SQL 2005 Express BKUPEXEC Service Pack 3 (SP3) Update to an existing installation of Backup Exec for Windows Servers
In order to upgrade the BKUPEXEC SQL 2005 Instance to SP3, perform the following steps:
1. Download SQL 2005 Express SP3 (SQLEXPR.EXE) from Microsoft's Site.
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3
2. Copy the download to the root of C:\.
3. Stop the Backup Exec services. NOTE: If the media server is part of a CASO or SSO installation stop the Backup Exec services on the other media servers in the environment.
4. Stop the SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) service. NOTE: If the media server is part of a CASO or SSO installation stop the SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) service on the other media servers in the environment. services on the other media servers in the environment.
5. Go to a Command Prompt on the media server (Start > Run > CMD). Change the directory to C:\. Copy the following script, paste it in the command window (FIGURE 1), and then press Enter.
SQLEXPR.exe /wait /qb /norestart /lv "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt" INSTANCENAME=BKUPEXEC SQLACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" SQLPASSWORD="" UPGRADE=SQL_Engine,SQL_Data_Files,SQL_Replication,Client_Components,Connectivity SAPWD=**** DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0 (FIGURE 1)
6. Start the SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) service.
7. Start the Backup Exec Services.