When Synchronizing Vault Cache the error: "Failed: Item retrieval failed on server" appears in the Vault Cache Synchronization window.
Failed: Item retrieval failed on server
Incorrect Globalization Culture setting causes synchronize job to abort.
- On the Enterprise Vault (EV) server, browse to the EV installation folder and open WebApp folder, locate and open the web.config file.
Note: Prior to making any changes, perform a backup of this file.
i.e. C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\WebApp\Web.config
- Add the following line just after <System.web> and before <Compilation debug="false" /> (make a new line):
<globalization uiCulture="en" culture="en-GB" />
- Save web.config file.
- Restart IIS by doing an iisreset in command prompt.
- Restart the EV Admin Service in Services on the EV server.
- On the affected client reset the Vault Cache and synchronize again.