Options and Limitations with restoring Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003, Exchange 2007 backups to Exchange 2010 servers
0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
- Exchange 2003 database backups cannot be restored to an Exchange 2007 server
- Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 mailboxes cannot be restored to an Exchange 2007 server
- Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003, Exchange 2007 mailboxes can not be restored to an Exchange 2010 server
- Restoring individual mailbox items from an Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003, and Exchange 2007 server backup to an Exchange 2010 server is currently not supported by Symantec.
- It is not a limitation of Backup Exec but it is due to a Microsoft Exchange limitation. Please refer to Microsoft article below :
- The Exchange 2007 RSG also does not support mounting mailbox databases from previous versions of Exchange Server.
- While this operation is not officially supported by Symantec, some customers have reported success performing this type of restore.