How to use DCOMCNFG.EXE to configure permissions needed to remotely manage or install Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) / Symantec System Recovery (SSR) agents.
2. Under "Console Root", expand "Component Services" and then expand "Computers". Right click on "My Computer" and select Properties .
3. On the "Default Properties" tab, confirm that there is a check mark in the box next to Enable Distributed COM on this computer. If this is not selected already, put a check mark in the box and click "Apply"
5. Add both the SYSTEM account and the administrator account that will be used to remotely manage the machine in BESR or SSR. Allow the accounts both Local Access and Remote Access.
6. On the "COM Security" tab, under the "Access Permissions" section click on Edit Default.
7. Add the SYSTEM account and administrator account from step 5. Allow the accounts both Local Access and Remote Access.
8. On the "COM Security" tab, under the "Launch and Activation Permissions" section add the SYSTEM account and administrator account from step 5 to both the Edit Limits and Edit Default fields. When adding the accounts in the "Launch Permissions" window, make sure that both the SYSTEM and administrator account have all permissions set to Allow