Installation of Backup Exec or a hotfix may fail with the error: "There is not enough space on drive (Drive:\) to extract this package. Please free up some space and click retry."
The installation failed with the following error:
"There is not enough space on drive <drive:\> to extract this package. Please free up some space and click retry."
Installation of Backup Exec or a hotfix may fail with the error during a manual install of Backup Exec or a hotfix even though there is enough space on the server on which the installation setup file is being extracted.
- Ensure that the SYSTEM account for the server on which you want to install Backup Exec has full permissions, restart the server, and then run the Backup Exec installation again.
If the SYSTEM account does not exist, add the account for the server with full permissions (Figure 1).
- If there is disk space available, create a temporary file in the %TEMP% directory:
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the %TEMP% directory.
- Cleanup %TEMP% directory.
- In %TEMP% directory, create a file that is greater than or equal to 100 MB.
- Run the install from the command prompt as Administrator.