ProblemAfter migrating Backup Exec for Windows Servers to a media server with a different name, the local backup job fails
Error Message0xe0009418 - Access to a Device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec. Final error category: Other Errors
In this example, the Selection List shows the new media server name as EASTERN
But the Resource Order shows Old Server Name, in this case it shows WESTERN
Also the Resource Credentials will show the Old Server name WESTERN
The Error message is generated because, as in this example, WESTERN is the previous server name. When the backup job runs, it tries connecting to the old server because of the saved entry in the Resource Order and Resource Credential. As a result, Backup Exec regards EASTERN as a new server and because there is no license installed for the Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS), it generates the License Violation Error when the backup runs.
1. De-Select the server named EASTERN in the Selection List.
2. Submit the job.
3. Select the server named EASTERN in the Selection List.
4. Ensure under Resource Credentials it shows correct server name.
5. If yes,run Resource Credentials test.
6. If the Resource Credential test is successful,submit the job again.