ProblemVeritas NetBackup (tm) Server / Enterprise Server 6.0 and 6.5 Device Mappings Package for Windows Servers 1.75
This package contains an update to the external_types.txt file. The external_types.txt file is used by the NetBackup Enterprise Media Manager database to interact with tape drive, tape library, and virtual tape drive / library devices. It is also used by the Device Configuration Wizard to automatically configure new devices.
Added entries for:
- Fujitsu-Siemens FibreCAT TX08
- Fujitsu-Siemens FibreCAT TX24 S2
- Fujitsu-Siemens FibreCAT TX48 S2
- IBM System Storage TS2900 Tape Autoloader Express
The presence of a device in the file external_types.txt does not indicate, expressed or implied, support of the device on the target NetBackup/Enterprise Media Manager platform. Refer to the NetBackup Hardware Compatibility List (HCL), found below in the Related Documents section, for a current list of supported devices.
These files are for NetBackup 6.0 and 6.5 only and will not work with other NetBackup releases.
Windows Installation Instructions:
These instructions assume that NetBackup is installed in the default location of C:\Program Files\VERITAS\. If NetBackup is installed in a different location, substitute that path for C:\Program Files\VERITAS\ in the instructions below:
1. Download and extract the new mappings file to a temporary folder. This will create two files in the temporary location
Readme.txt (this file)
2. Copy the external_types.txt file from the temporary location to C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\var\global\.
3. Bring up a command window with Start -> Run -> Type "cmd". Enter the following commands in that command window.
4. Update the NetBackup Enterprise Media Manager database with the new device mappings version. This only needs to be done once and must be run from the Master Server or the EMM Server. Use the command format below that corresponds to the installed version of NetBackup:
NetBackup 6.5: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\bin\tpext -loadEMM
NetBackup 6.0: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\bin\tpext
5. For Media Servers running 6.0_MP4 and earlier, manually update each Media Server with the new device mappings. (On Media Servers running 6.5 or 6.0_MP5 and later, this command is not needed since ltid will update the device mappings when it starts.) This command must be run on each 6.0_MP4 and earlier Media Server that has devices attached:
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\bin\tpext -get_dev_mappings
6. Restart Device Manager (ltid) on each Media Server.
7. Verify that the version that is now stored in the Enterprise Media Manager database is the same as what is in the file stored on the Media Server:
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\bin\tpext -get_dev_mappings_ver