The Desktop Agent for the Desktop and Laptop Option goes into a Disabled state and shows the message "There is a problem with the configuration on this computer".
There is a problem with the configuration on this computer. The Desktop Agent will remain disabled until the problem has been corrected by your administrator. Your administrator has been notified.
Perform the following steps to resolve this issue:
1. Stop the DLO Client Service
2. Open REGEDIT by going to Start > Run. Type REGEDIT and click OK.
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
3. Browse to the following registry key:
Confirm the correct value for the Backup Exec media server is listed for "Default Media Server" and "DBServer". If not, correct it.
4 .Browse to the following registry key:
Confirm that the "DBInstance" and "DBName" values are correct. By default, these would be:
If these values are not correct, modify them to put the correct information.
5. Start the DLO Client service.
Solution 2 :
- Open the NUDF folder from the Backup Exec server or the server where the NUDF is located
- Go to the Properties on the problem User folder
- Under the Security tab add a new domain account with Full Control permissions
- Restart DLO Journal service on the workstation
- Restart the DLO Administration and Maintenance service on the media server
Uninstall and reinstall the DLO Agent
Solution 4 :
Delete the user and re create again.
If the issue persists, refer to the Related Articles section below for similar issues and resolutions.