Errors are reported after an Enterprise Vault (EV) Vault Store Partition location has been changed and Saveset files have been moved to the new location.
Archive operation canceled because Saveset file is missing.
[Vault Store: First Partition]
[Vault ID: 43T6Y5DEEB3CC0408395AABB97A970611110000ACMEVAULT]
[Saveset Filename: E:\Enterprise Vault Stores\ZKO\2003\04\18\00\313000000000000~200304180015030000~0.DVS]
[Transaction ID: 5921E4E294894B97BA52B
Event ID 6510: "Archive operation canceled because Saveset file is missing"
When the only change made to the Vault Store Partition location is the drive letter, the following query can be used to update the records in the WatchFile table for Enterprise Vault 9.0.0 and earlier.
SET Itemname = 'X' + right(Itemname, len(Itemname)-1)
*Note: Replace 'EVVaultstoreDB' with the actual name of the Vault Store database. Use the actual drive letter for new Vault Store Partition location, in place of X.
When the records in the WatchFile table cannot be updated the following steps can be performed to cancel archiving and clear the records from the table.
1. Confirm that all Saveset files were moved to the new Vault Store Partition location.
2. Stop the Enterprise Vault Storage and Task Controller Services.
3.Purge the following MSMQ's:
EV Exchange Mailbox Task Queues (A2-A5)
EV Exchange Journaling Task Queues (J2-J4)
All Enterprise Vault Admin Queues
Refer to the 'Related Documents' section of this article for more information on purging MSMQ's
4. Change the Policy setting "Pending shortcut timeout" to a number corresponding to the days since the Vault Store Partition location was changed. For example, if the partition location was changed 2 days ago, set the value to 2. Refer to the 'Related Documents' section of this article for more information on the Pending shortcut timeout policy setting.
5. Start the Enterprise Vault Storage and Task Controller Services.
6. Change the Policy setting "Pending shortcut timeout" back to its original value.