Error E1AD3212: "You do not have sufficient privileges to perform this operation. See help for more information about security settings" occurs when opening Backup Exec System Recovery (or Symantec System Recovery)
"E1AD3212: You do not have sufficient privileges to perform this operation. See help for more information about security settings."
"Error EC8F1775: An error occurred while starting Backup Exec System Recovery (or Symantec System Recovery) service. Error EC8F1772: The following component is not installed correctly. "
This error may occur with a new install or when upgrading to the latest version of Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) or Symantec System Recovery (SSR) from an older version and then attempting to open the BESR / SSR console.
Other errors reported in the application event log may include:
"Error EC8F1775: An error occurred while starting Backup Exec System Recovery (Symantec System Recovery) service."
"Error EC8F1772: The following component is not installed correctly. <component>"
The error may be caused by using an account that has restricted privileges.
This can also be caused by problems with the Windows Event Log service. If this operating system service is stopped or corrupt in some way, the BESR / SSR service will not be able to start as it relies on the Event Log service.
Another cause is security software preventing the install of the BESR service (VProSvc.exe) and related components causing the install to be corrupted.
Some cases have been known to be related to .NET.
In addition, ensure there is adequate disk space when installing software. Free up disk space if necessary.
1. Confirm that the logged on user is a member of the Administrators group
2. Check the Event Log service and confirm that it is not disabled and is in a Started state. Once the Event Log service is confirmed to be started, try accessing the Application log and the System log. If any errors are seen while attempting to access either of these logs, Microsoft should be consulted to correct the operating system issue.
3. If the Application log and System log can both be accessed, go into Services and restart the Backup Exec System Recovery or Symantec System Recovery service.
Then, open the BESR / SSR console to try to connect.
If the Error E1AD3212 still occurs, continue with the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the software:
4. Uninstall BESR using add/remove programs and reboot as required.
5. Disable all 3rd party antivirus and security software prior to install.
6. Log in locally as Administrator or an equivalent account with administrative rights.
7. Install BESR /SSR using the installation media and reboot as required.
If this issue occurred during an upgrade from a previous version, the uninstall scripts are listed below.