How to uninstall and change licenses in Backup Exec System Recovery 2010, Symantec System Recovery 2011 and later versions
To Uninstall the license key follow these steps:
1. Open Regedit
2. For Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) 2010
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\9.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\9.0
For Symantec System Recovery (SSR) 2011
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\10.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\10.0
For Symantec System Recovery (SSR) 2013, 2013 R2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\#.# where #.# is the version
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
3. Delete the following keys: AK, LO, MLO, O
4. Remove the hidden HPC sub-folder.
- For XP/2003 systems: \Documents and Settings\All users\ Application Data\Symantec
- For Vista/2008 systems:\Program Data\Symantec
WARNING: Removing this folder may require the re-licensing of other Symantec products for this client.
5. Restart Symantec System Recovery Service (VProSvc.exe)
Note: The registry keys AK, LO, MLO, O can be found only on machines that have a license key installed for Symantec System Recovery. The keys are not created when the product is used in the trial mode.
All features in Symantec System Recovery remain enabled during the 60-day grace period.
However, you need a valid license key to use the following features in Symantec Recover Disk:
- Back Up My Computer wizard ( Also known as Cold backups or Offline Backups).
- Recover My Computer wizard to restore a virtual disk (.vmdk or .vhd) back to a physical computer using the option use Restore Anyware to recover to a different computer.
To change the License keys follow this procedure
1) Open Backup Exec console , Click on Help
2) Change License Key
3) Enter the license key and Click Next,
4) Click finish.