Following error is observed while running LiveUpdate on the Backup Exec media server.
LU1812: A program that was part of this update failed when it ran. This update was not applied.
1. Register the msxml3.dll file
- Click Start > Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type the following text : regsvr32 %windir%\system32\msxml3.dll
- Click OK.
2. Perform one of the following depending on the message that is seen:
- If the message is "DllRegisterServer in C:\Windows\system32\msxml3.dll succeeded" go to Step 4.
- If the message is "LoadLibrary("C:\Windows\system32\msxml3.dll") failed..." go to Step 3.
3. Check if user (Backup Exec System Account [BESA] and Windows user used to log into the media server) has full permissions on C:\ drive.
- Go to My Computer > Right Click on C: drive > Properties > Security.
- Check which user account is used to log into the Media Server and confirm if it has full permissions (Read, Write, Modify) on the C:\ drive.
- Check if BESA does have full permissions (Read, Write, Modify) on the C:\ drive. (Figure 1)
- From the Security tab click on Advanced button > Permissions.
- Make sure there is no DENY policy/rule at the top in the list because Deny policy always superesedes Allow policy.
4. Reinstall MSXML 3.0
- To download and install MSXML 3.0, read the Microsoft document.Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) 3.0 Service Pack 7 (SP7) :
5. Login as Local Administrator Account.
6. Run LiveUpdate
- In the Backup Exec User Interface, go to Tools
- Click on LiveUpdate.
Note: If issue still persists please contact Symantec Technical Support.