How to configure Backup Exec to send SNMP notification.
1. Installing and configuring the SNMP system service on Windows Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components
- In Add/Remove Windows Components, select Management and Monitoring Tools
- Select Simple Network Management Protocol, and click OK
- Configure the SNMP trap destination
2. Configure Backup Exec Alerts (as per requirement) to send SNMP notification:
- On the navigation bar, click Tools
- Under Tools click Alert categories
- Configure the alert for which you want to send the SNMP notification.
- Test sending the SNMP notification.
Run a test job, go to the SNMP trap watcher ( IP address configured in step 1) and check if the SNMP message was received successfully.