ProblemStorage Foundation for Windows (SFW) 5.0 Rollup Patch 1a (RP1a) "VxSnapEx" fails while executing schedules created using Quick Recovery (QR) wizard. QR Wizard created schedules are also not visible in Veritas Enterprise Administrator (VEA).
If there are any schedules created using Quick Recovery Configuration Wizard,
1. On SFW 5.0 RP1a, these schedules would not get executed as VxSnapEx.exe fails. These schedules are also not visible in the VEA GUI.
2. On SFW 5.0 and then upgraded to RP1a are still valid.
Note: Schedules created using VEA GUI have no issues.
This is a known issue and resolved with the attached file (1275372_305962.exe).
File Name Version
VxSnapEx.exe - 220.127.116.119
Scheduler.dll - 18.104.22.1689
%VMPATH% - Volume Manager Install Directory (E.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Veritas\Veritas Volume Manager 5.0)
1. Download the attached file (1275372_305962.exe) to a temporary location
2. Unzip the private zip file to a temporary location to the server.
3. Stop "Veritas Storage Agent"
4. Rename the original files at the above mentioned location to save it.
5. Copy the private "Changed Binaries" to the Target Location mentioned above (Make sure to select the correct files for x86 or x64).
6. Start "Veritas Storage Agent"
Please Note: This fix is provided without warranty of any kind including the warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non infringement. Symantec disclaims all liability relating to or arising out of this fix. It is recommended that the fix be evaluated in a test environment before implementing it in your production environment. When the fix is incorporated into a Storage Foundation for Windows maintenance release, the resulting Hotfix or Service Pack must be installed as soon as possible. Symantec Technical Services will notify you when the maintenance release (Hotfix or Service Pack) is available.