ProblemWhen creating a new job or editing an existing backup job from the Backup Exec System Recovery console an error "Cannot retrieve backup job properties" is received when attempting to change or define the backup destination.
Error MessageCannot retrieve backup job properties
This error is encountered in some instances where all Backup Exec System Recovery services are not installed correctly or the Windows Management Instrumentation service is not running.
Perform the following steps to resolve the issue:
1) Goto Start > Run > SERVICES
2) Verify the following services for Backup Exec System Recovery exist:
Backup Exec System Recovery
Symantec SymSnap VSS Provider
Note: if SymSnapService is missing goto Step#3. Otherwise continue to Step#4
3) Open a command prompt (Start > Run > 'CMD')
- From the command prompt, navigate to the \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Shared\Drivers directory.
- Type "SymSnapService.exe /service"
- Return to Step#1 and ensure service is now listed
- If not run \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Fixinstall.bat then reboot
4) Verify the Windows Management Instrumentation service is running. If the service is not running set the Startup Type to Automatic and press Start button.
5) Launch Backup Exec System Recovery and attempt to run a backup.
If the issue persists, try the following steps:
1. Open a command window
2. Type cd\
3. Type cd Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Shared
4. Type regsvr32 /s EventMonitors