Backup jobs fail with the error "The evaluation (trial) period for Backup Exec or for an agent or option cannot be validated (has expired). You must enter a license key (serial number) to continue" in Backup Exec for Windows Servers
Final error: 0xe00094a1 - The evaluation period for Backup Exec or for an agent or option cannot be validated. You must enter a license key to continue.
Final error category: Job Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-38049
CauseThe error indicates that the correct license for Backup Exec cannot be validated.
1. Enter a valid license key for the concerned Backup Exec Agent or Option and re-run the job.
2. Make sure the maintenance serial number was not installed instead of the product serial number.
3. If all agents and options appear to have the correct serial numbers installed, try selecting the machine through the IP address.
4. Make sure SLF files from older versions of Backup Exec are not on the server. The files are located in :
- Windows Server 2008 - C:\ Program Data\Symantec Shared\Licenses and C:\Users\All Users\Symantec Shared\Licenses
- Windows 2003 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ Symantec Shared\Licenses
To remove the licensing from BE 2012 and later versions:
- Cut and Paste the files out of the location to a new folder.
- Stop and then restart all Backup Exec services.