How to delete all Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) snapshots associated with the backup destination in order to recover disk space after CPS has been uninstalled.
Note: This information assumes that Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) was removed from the CPS Protection Server and the CPS snapshots were NOT deleted with the CPS application during the uninstall process or a manual removal of CPS was performed.
Caution: The following steps below will delete ALL snapshots on the volume. This includes user-created Microsoft Windows VSS data snapshots and CPS snapshots.
1. On the CPS Protection Server or backup destination server, open Windows Explorer
2. In the selection pane right-click on the drive containing the snapshots, then click Properties
3. Click on the Shadow Copies tab and highlight the drive that is holding the snapshots, then click Settings
4. On the Settings page take note of the value in Use Limit if a value is present.
5. On the Settings page check the radio button for Use Limit
6. Change the limit to 300MB and click OK. This should delete all the shadow copies on the drive and reclaim free disk space.
7. Change the Use Limit value setting back to the original value noted in step 4