Request to acknowledge certificates repeatedly pop up in Internet Explorer (IE) requiring many clicks to progress through the subordinate windows of the CommandCentral Enterprise Reporter Webgui
Security Certificate Alert pops up during each page access in CommandCentral Enterprise Reporter Webgui
Security Alert Certificates problem in Internet Explorer:
There will be 2 security alert prompts ( One for VRTSWeb certificate and another for Cognos certificate) to the user while viewing the CommandCentral Enterprise Reporter (CCER) WebGUI.
A user might get prompted with such a security alert on every action of WebGUI. This problem occurs only in IE.
Following is the security alert for both the certificates:
If for every action in WebGUI user gets 'security alert' prompt, then the solution is to install both the certificates (VRTSWeb and Cognos certificate) in Internet Explorer.
Steps to install the VRTSWeb and Cognos certificate in browser:
1. Whenever the prompt occurs click on 'View Certificate' button following (Certificate) dialog will open: (For example host name is cricket.vxindia.veritas.com)
For the VRTSWeb certificate:
2. The 'Issued by' is same as 'Issued to' then click on 'Install Certificate' the following (Certificate Import Wizard) dialog will open:
3. Click on the 'Next' button
4. Select 'Place all certificates in the following store'
5. Click on 'browse' button and then select 'Trusted Root Certification Authorities'
6. Click on 'Ok' button.
7. Click on 'Next' button. The following dialog will appear :
8. Click on the 'Finish' button, the following dialog will appear:
9.Click on 'Yes' This will display following dialog:
10. Click on 'Ok'.
11. Click on 'Ok'
12. Click on 'Yes'
This will install VRTSweb certificate.
Now install Cognos certificate as follows:
For the Cognos certificate:
13. The 'Issued to' is same as host name (i.e. cricket.vxindia.veritas.com) 'Issued by' is CA.
14. Click on 'Install Certificate'
15. Select tab 'Certification Path'
16. Click on 'CA', in the tree, and click on 'View certificate'
17. Click on 'Install certificate'
18. Then follow the same steps above from step 3 through step 12.
This will install Cognos CA certificate.
Once you install these 2 certificates, then the security alert pop-up will no longer appear.