ProblemSTOP Error, or BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), occurs after uninstalling DDI-5 (Device Driver Installation 5) from a server that is running 64-bit Windows in Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows - Dynamic Multipathing Option (DMP)
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- A prior version of DDI was installed, but not properly uninstalled, before installing DDI-5.
- This is a 64-bit installation of Windows.
1. Download the attached .zip file
2. Extract the following files from mpio1.16bin.zip onto a floppy disk.
Note: These files are platform specific.
3. Boot the server into the Windows Recovery Console. The Administrator Password that was configured during Operating System installation is required.
4. Copy the files into this directory: %systemroot%\system32\drivers
5. Reboot into Normal Mode.
6. After the reboot, use Regedit to locate the following registry key:
Export (for backup) and then delete any keys that are named after a Veritas DSM (Device Specific Module).
Examples of keys to find : VHPEVA, VEMCSYMM, VHDSAA.