Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) does not get installed properly or files have become unregistered causing an existing install to stop functioning.
"EC8F1772: The following Component is not installed correctly"
"E0BB001B: Cannot lock volume..."
"The operation 'Snap Volume' is not enabled for this volume..."
"EC8B0012 - Mounting a V2i Drive are not supported
To run the batch file, perform the following steps:
1. Delete the Fixinstall.bat file located in C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery.
2. Download the attached file to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery.
3. Rename the file from Fixinstall294287.bat to Fixinstall.bat
4. Open a command prompt. Select Start > Run. Type in "cmd" (without quotes) and press <Enter>
5. Go to the C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery folder (If installed to the default folder) and perform the following steps:
a. Type "CD\" and press <Enter>
b. Type CD \program files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery. Press <Enter>.
c. Type "Fixinstall.bat". Press <Enter>.
Note: Once the batch file completes, restart the system.