DescriptionIt is very important to use the same existing Compliance Accelerator (CA) or Discovery Accelerator (DA) Configuration database after moving the CA or DA installation to a new server. The Configuration database maintains key settings used to fine tune the operations of CA or DA searches, exports, etc. The configuration settings are based on Customer ID. If a connection is made to an existing database instead of following the resolution listed below, the customer ID is changed and the configuration settings will not be preserved. After the changes below have been made the Customer database will automatically be available.
1. Install prerequisite software on the new server as described in the Installing and Configuring Guide (See related documents below).
1.1 Be sure the following Roles and Features are installed on the server -
- Web Server | Common HTTP Features: Default Document, Directory Browsing, HTTP Errors, Static Content, HTTP Redirection.
- Web Server | Health and Diagnostics: HTTP Logging, Logging Tools, Request Monitor, Tracing.
- Web Server | Performance: Static Content Compression.
- Web Server | Security: Request Filtering, Basic Authentication, IP and Domain Restrictions, URL Authorization, Windows Authentication.
- Web Server | Application Development: .NET Extensibility 3.5, .NET Extensibility 4.5, ASP, ASP.NET 3.5, ASP.NET 4.5, ISAPI Extensions, ISAPI Filters.
- Management Tools | IIS Management Console: all.
- Management Tools | IIS 6 Management Compatibility: all.
- Management Tools | IIS Management Scripts and Tools: all.
- Management Tools | Management Service: all.
- .NET Framework 4.5 Features: .NET Framework 4.5, ASP.NET 4.5, WCF Services HTTP Activation, WCF Services Named Pipe Activation, WCF Services TCP Activation, WCF Services TCP Port Sharing.
- IIS Hostable Web Core.
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.31319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\
2. Stop the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service on the old server.
3. Backup the CA or DA Configuration and Customer databases.
4. Install but DO NOT configure CA or DA on the new server.
5. If started, stop the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service on the new server.
6. Copy the license file into the Accelerator installation folder; by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault Business Accelerator for 64-bit systems.
7. Copy the following four files from the original server to the installation folder of the new server
(by default: C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault Business Accelerator for 32-bit systems, or C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault Business Accelerator for 64-bit systems)
If using DA, also copy the following 3 files from the original server to the installation folder of the new server:
Note: if moving from a 32-bit to 64-bit operating system, these files must be edited to reflect the new path to the Reports and Reports\Share folders as well as the new path to the Enterprise Vault files noted within these files when those references exist. For example, if moving from the default installation path on a Microsoft Windows 2003 (32-bit) server to the default installation path on a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 X64 server, the following lines would need to be edited as follows for the Reports and Reports\Share folders:
<add key="ReportSourceLocation" value="C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault Business Accelerator\Reports" />
<add key="ReportShare" value="C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault Business Accelerator\Report\Share" />
<add key="ReportSourceLocation" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault Business Accelerator\Reports" />
<add key="ReportShare" value="C:\Program Files (X86)\Enterprise Vault Business Accelerator\Report\Share" />
There are other lines within each of these files that must be updated with the new path for EV or CA/DA. If the default installation paths were selected for both Enterprise Vault and CA or DA, then edit these files to replace all instances of Program Files\Enterprise Vault with Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault.
8. Modify the following three (3) tables in the CA or DA Configuration database. Replace the original NetBIOS server name with the new NetBIOS server name. If the NetBIOS name of the server is not changing, this step can be skipped. Follow the instructions below these tables to complete the name changes.
Edit the second and third lines in the query below to enter the old Accelerator server's NetBIOS name and the new Accelerator server's NetBIOS name as indicated. Open a new Query in SQL Server Management Studio focused on the appropriate Accelerator Configuration database and execute the edited query against the Configuration database. The output should indicate the old Accelerator server name entries and the new Accelerator server name entries.
DECLARE @OldName nvarchar(100), @NewName nvarchar(100);
SET @OldName = 'Old_DA_server_NetBIOS_name'; ---edit old Accelerator server NetBIOS name here
SET @NewName = 'New_DA_server_NetBIOS_name'; ---edit new Accelerator server NetBIOS name here
SELECT CustomerID, IIS AS 'Old IIS entries from tblCustomer' FROM tblCustomer WHERE IIS != '';
SELECT GroupID, Name AS 'Old Name entries from tblGroup' FROM tblGroup;
SELECT ServerID, Name AS 'Old Name entries from tblServer' FROM tblServer;
UPDATE tblCustomer SET IIS = @NewName WHERE IIS = @OldName;
UPDATE tblGroup SET Name = @NewName WHERE Name = @OldName;
UPDATE tblServer SET Name = @NewName WHERE Name = @OldName;
IF @@TRANCOUNT <> 0 ROLLBACK TRANSACTION;
SELECT CustomerID, IIS AS 'New IIS entries from tblCustomer' FROM tblCustomer WHERE IIS != '';
SELECT GroupID, Name AS 'New Name entries from tblGroup' FROM tblGroup;
SELECT ServerID, Name AS 'New Name entries from tblServer' FROM tblServer;
9. Start the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service on the new server.
10. The CA/DA IIS virtual directories will need to be manually created on the new server using the following steps:
- Open the EVBAAdmin web page
- Right click on the Customers (one at a time)
- Select Check Virtual Directory
- Click the OK button to confirm the Virtual Directory has been successfully checked.
11. Uninstall CA or DA from the original server.