How to gather the log files for Symantec System Recovery (SSR) and Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) from the Symantec Recovery Environment
Logs can be gathered from the Symantec Recovery Disk (SRD) to help Symantec Technical Support troubleshoot various issues from within the SRD. If the logs are being gathered to troubleshoot an error or issue seen while performing an operation from the SRD, do not restart the computer until these steps are performed. Otherwuse, the information will be lost. To gather logs:
1. Select the Utilities tab.
2. Click Run Support Tool.
3. Click Gather Technical Support Information.
4. For the Output root directory, click Browse... and browse to the location where the files can be saved. Created a support folder to save the logs to.
5. Enter the Technical Support case number in the Case Number field.
6. Click OK.
7. Once tool has run, click OK on the review screen.
8. Zip up the Support folder and send it to Technical Support for review.