In Microsoft Cluster (MSCS) or Fail Over Cluster (FOC) the 'Add disk to Dynamic Disk Group' and / or 'New Dynamic Disk Group' option is grayed out.
The options are unavailable when the disk contains a partition that was created via LDM exist on the disk.
2. Modify the Physical Disks Resource dependency and remove it from the Application Resource
3. Highlight the Resource Group and delete the Physical Disks Resource from within the group
5. Right-click the disk and select "Add disk to Dynamic Disk Group"
6. If the option is still grayed out then perform these steps on the command prompt to restart Veritas Storage Agent service
Net Stop VXVM
Net Stop VXOB
Net Start VXOB
Net Start VXVM
7. Retry step number 5 Right-click the disk and select "Add disk to Dynamic Disk Group"
The basic disk contains a partition that was created in Windows Logical Disk Manager (LDM) and is in use as a MSCS or FOC cluster resource.