Error "0xe0001403 - The logon account specified in the Remote Agent Utility cannot be authenticated. Update the entry in the list of authentication credentials on the media server" appears during an Oracle backup job using Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers
Final error: 0xe0001403 - The logon account specified in the Remote Agent Utility cannot be authenticated. Update the entry in the list of authentication credentials on the media server.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-5123
Note: Use the same logon account format that is entered on the Database Access tab in the Remote Agent Utility. For example, if the account is added in the Remote Agent Utility in the format "Domainname\Username", use that same format on the list of authentication credentials on the Backup Exec Server Settings.
To configure database access on the media server for Oracle operations:
1. On the Backup Exec Server,
BE 2012 - go to Backup Exec Button | Configuration and Settings | Backup Exec Settings | Oracle
BE 2010 and prior - go to Tools | Options | Job defaults | Oracle | Modify list
2. On the Authentication Credentials dialog box, a server name and a logon account can be added or deleted. (Figure 2)
3. Before starting any backup or restore operations, on the computer on which the Oracle instances are installed, make sure that you use the Remote Agent Utility to configure instance information and database access. This would enable Oracle operations between the media server and this computer.
To configure the Oracle instance information in the Remote Agent Utility:
4. On the computer on which the Remote Agent is installed, on the task bar, click Start | All Programs | Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers | Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility.
8. Check Use the full computer name or IP address for Oracle and DB2 operations to use either the full computer name or IP address for operations between the remote computer and the media server.