The error message "Bad Data" is reported by Backup Exec during backup or verify operations.
Backup Exec reported an error on a request to (read/write) data (to/from) storage media. Error reported: Bad Data
The "Bad Data" error is generic in nature and can be caused by many factors. The following list contains the most common reasons for this error and potential solutions:
1. Contaminated read/write heads of the tape device. Running 3-4 consecutive cleaning cycles will usually resolve this problem.
2. Bad media.
3 Check for Hard read/write errors on the media or on the drive .
4. Tape head alignment problems. This would require replacing the tape device.
5. SCSI transfer rate to the tape device is too fast. Use the manufacturer's SCSI setup program to lower the transfer rate.
6. Disable the sync negotiation to the tape device in the SCSI setup program.
7. Check/replace the SCSI cable or terminator.
8. Isolate the tape drive to a separate controller card.