Event ID 41133 is generated during a Exchange Provisioning Task run. Mailboxes are not part of a provisioning group or deleted from Exchange.
While the Exchange Provisioning Task is running, the Enterprise Vault Server logs in the "Enterprise Vault" section of the Event Log:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: (117)
Event ID: 41133
Computer: Enterprise Vault Server Network Name
Description: The Exchange mailbox provisioning task found enabled mailboxes that are not part of a provisioning group. These mailboxes cannot be archived. If you do not want these mailboxes to be archived, use the Administration Console to disable them. See the provisioning task report for further details (full reports only).
Task: Exchange Provisioning Task for domain.local
Provisioning task report mode: Mailboxes on Exchange Server [Mbx-Exch] that have entries in the Enterprise Vault database but which are not in any provisioning group: Test User
This error message could be caused if there are Exchange Mailboxes:
- That are still enabled for archiving by Enterprise Vault but whose corresponding Active Directory User Accounts are not part of any Provisioning Group.
- That were deleted from Exchange and are still part of an Enterprise Vault Provisioning Group.
1. Identify the Exchange Mailboxes:
a. From the folder "Enterprise Vault installation path\Reports", open the file "Exchange Provisioning Task Report for Exchange Domain yyyymmddhhmmss.txt" where yyyymmddhhmmss is the time stamp of the file's creation. This should be the same timeframe as the found in Event Viewer.
b. In this file, after the line "Mailboxes on Exchange Server [Exchange Server Network Name] that have entries in the Enterprise Vault database but which are not in any provisioning group:", there will be a list of the Full Mailbox Directory Names of all the affected Exchange Mailboxes.
2. Either disable for archiving the Exchange Mailboxes identified in step 1 or make the corresponding Active Directory User Accounts part of a Provisioning Group.
a. To disable for archiving an Exchange Mailbox:
i. Open the Vault Administration Console, select the option "Disable Mailboxes..." from the menu "Tools" and follow the wizard.
ii. Or, use the Enterprise Vault Policy Manager tool (EVPM) and follow article TECH35614
b. To make the corresponding Active Directory User Accounts part of a Provisioning Group:
i. Open the Vault Administration Console, browse "Enterprise Vault", browse "Directory on ...", browse the Enterprise Vault Site hosting the Exchange Domain appearing in the event logged.
ii. Browse "Archiving Targets", browse "Exchange", browse the Exchange Domain appearing in the event logged and click over "Provisioning Group"
iii. Add the Active Directory User Accounts corresponding to the issued Exchange Mailboxes to any existing Provisioning Group (on the "Targets" tab of the Provisioning Group properties) or, create a new Provisioning Group containing the Active Directory User Accounts corresponding to the issued Exchange Mailboxes.
3. If any of the Exchange Mailboxes identified in step 1 do not have a corresponding Active Directory User Account, it will be necessary to manually remove these entries from SQL. Contact Symantec Technical Support for further assistance with this step.