"An error has occurred" when opening the Enterprise Vault (EV) Operations Manager web page.
Event ID: 100001 "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException - An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections."
When trying to open the EV Operations Manager web page, "An error has occurred" message comes up and "Event ID:100001 "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException - (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)" is logged in the "EV installation folder\monitoringwebapp\Logs\log.txt" file.
Enable the "Named Pipes" Protocol provider for the connection with SQL Server 2005:
1. Open SQL Server Configuration Manager.
2. On the left hand pane, browse to SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration.
3. On the left hand pane, click over Protocols.
4. On the right hand pane, if the Protocol Named Pipes has a status of Disabled, right-click over it and click Enable.
5. On the left hand pane, browse SQL Native Client Configuration.
6. On the left hand pane, click over Client Protocols.
7. On the right hand pane, if Named Pipes is disabled, right-click over it and click Enable.
8. Close SQL Server Configuration Manager.
9. Restart the SQL Server service and all EV services.