How to obtain the installation source download and license keys for the Backup Exec core product, agents, and options
This section also includes some download information
The Backup Exec license keys and downloads can be obtained by following the steps in the videos found at the links below.
For NEW product license keys:
For product version UPGRADE license keys:
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Software Version Upgrade:
Because Technical Support does not have access to licensing information Technical Support will not be able to provide assistance with application licensing. If assistance is required with licensing please contact a regional Customer Care representative; the number for the US and Canada is 1-800-721-3934. To obtain a Customer Care phone number for other regions around the world please visit Customer Care Assistance & Information at http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/support/assistance_care.jsp
- Product Activation & Licensing Keys site
- Licensing Portal User Guide
See the licensing section above for a link to a video that provides steps to license and download Backup Exec
The installation source for all Backup Exec components can be obtained in either of two locations.
- Symantec FileConnect: http://fileconnect.symantec.com
- Backup Exec 2014: https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=93355
Typical Backup Exec components include:
- Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server
- Backup Exec Management Pack for Microsoft Operations Manager
- Backup Exec Linux, UNIX and MAC Agents
- Backup Exec for Windows Servers
Note: Symantec has implemented a workaround in order to provide the full 3GB ISO to our customers via a link on FileConnect. The file is hosted on the consumer trialware site so that no further logon or password is required. It should be a user-friendly experience as it is a direct link. (Symantec was not able to post the actual file on FileConnect due to limitations with current authentication rules that prevent us from enabling large file optimization).
The following text is located at the top of the FileConnect pages for both BE 2010 and BE SBS 2010:
- Backup Exec 2010 is delivered on a disc image (ISO), which needs to be placed on a DVD to perform the installation process. For further information, please download and read the file "Download Instructions" for full details on how to download and use these files before proceeding.
- The DVD disc image can also be downloaded directly by clicking here: http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso
- Once the download is complete, a DVD authoring software must be used to burn the disc image to a DVD, which can be used to install Backup Exec 2010. For additional Backup Exec 2010 information, please visit http://entsupport.symantec.com/umi/v-269-25 and/or save this link for future reference.
- In order to get the 3GB file, click on the link above that says "You may also download the DVD disc image directly by clicking here." Further detailed instructions for downloading and reassembling chunk files are posted on FileConnect in a PDF and have been localized in all BE languages. All files (3GB plus chunks) will also be located on our regular trialware (enterprise) site, but it does require customers to have a logon and password and will have them fill out a survey before they get to the files. (This is standard process).
- The link for the Backup Exec 2010 R3 https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=93355 (This link shows the current latest version of Backup Exec. During the time this technote was written, it was BE 2010 R3, once a newer version is released, it will automatically give the newer version for download).
TO SUMMARIZE WHAT IS MENTIONNED ABOVE:
- The customer will have 2 download options from FileConnect or Trialware:
- Download a single 3GB ISO (DVD Image file)
- Download 4 "chunks" of the ISO along with a file to put the pieces back together
- The full 3GB download is not in the normal list of files on FileConnect; it is linked in the header verbiage.
- If the customer downloads the 4 chunks, they MUST combine them and THEN burn the ISO to DVD (or mount it using 3rd party software).
- Please follow the steps as required by either download location.
Because application downloads require access to licensing information to which Technical Support does not have, Technical Support is not able to provide assistance with application downloads. If assistance is required with either of the two download locations, kindly first review the licensing documents and other information referenced in the LICENSING section above and if that does not resolve the problem then contact a regional Customer Care representative; the number for the US and Canada is 1-800-721-3934. To obtain a Customer Care phone number for other regions around the world please visit Customer Care Assistance & Information at http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/support/assistance_care.jsp