It is possible delete hidden messages from Outlook on the client in Enterprise Vault using the registry.
A registry value may be added on the client machine to allow hidden messages to be deleted from within Outlook, with the EV Add-in Installed, without installing third-party software.
1. Close Outlook.
2. Go to Start > Run and type Regedit to open the Windows Registry.
3. Navigate to:
For 32 bit workstations:
For 64 bit workstations:
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
4. Right-click on Client and choose New > DWORD Value.
5. Type the name DeleteHiddenMsgBtnVisible and set it to a value of 1.
6. Restart Outlook for the change to take affect.
7. In Outlook 2007 go to Help > About Enterprise Vault and select the Tech Info button.
In Outlook 2010 go to File > select Enterprise Vault > select Additional Support Information.
8. Scroll down to the HIDDEN MESSAGES IN FOLDER section.
The hidden messages listed will vary depending on which folder is selected in Outlook. (i.e Mailbox
, or Sent Items
The following hidden messages are listed when Inbox is selected.
9. Highlight the hidden message and click the Delete Hidden Message button.
10. Close the Outlook.
11. Synchronize the task for the affected mailbox.
12. Open Outlook, click Send / Receive.
13. Restart Outlook.
The EV registry entries can be found in the Registry_Values.pdf on the installation media and in the Related Articles section.