How to manually run LiveUpdate in Backup Exec 11d and above to verify what hotfixes or service packs have already been installed or what updates are available for installation.
The LiveUpdate can be scheduled or run manually at any time to check for updates. The LiveUpdate can be configured to run in either Interactive mode or Express mode.
To select these modes:
1. Until Backup Exec 2010, Click on the Tools menu, click LiveUpdate (Figure 1)
For Backup Exec 2012:
On the LiveUpdate click Configure (Figures 2 and 3) where you can select either Interactive mode or Express mode. ( All Versions)
Interactive mode: Gives you the flexibility to choose which Symantec product updates you want to install.
Express mode: Automatically installs all of the updates for your Symantec products.
To run Live Update manually, do the following:
1. On the Tools menu, click LiveUpdate.
2. Do one of the following:
- If LiveUpdate is set for Express mode Click Start.
- If LiveUpdate is set for Interactive mode Click Next.
To view what updates are installed for Backup Exec 2012:
1. Click on Installation and Licensing and then click on Installed Updates. ( Refer to Figure 4 and Figure 5).