The Backup Exec DLO Administration Service does not start, after changing the Backup Exec Server Name and even after updating the Configuration for New Media Server Name under BEUtility.
"The Backup Exec DLO Administration Service service on Local Computer started and stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts Service"
The following error is listed in the Application Event log: (Figure 2)
Event Type: Error
Event Source: DLOAdminSvcu
Event Category: None
Event ID: 50040
The new Backup Exec server name is not updated in the registry.
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
1. Close Backup Exec.
2. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Services.
3. Stop all of the Backup Exec Services.
4. Click Start | Run.
5. Type in Regedit or Regedt32
6. Browse to
For BE 11d and below: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\DLO\2.0\AdminService.
For BE 12.0 - BE 2010R2 :HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SYMANTEC\DLO\3.0\AdminService.
7. Update the new name of the server in the Dbserver (figure 3) also verify server name in hive DB below.
7. Close regedt32.
8. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Services
9. Start all of the Backup Exec Services.