Message Size Limits for Enterprise Vault (EV) for Exchange
EV for Exchange has limits on the size of a message that can be archived, or restored after being archived.
The various limitations are explained in detail below:
1. Mail item size limit - EV for Exchange from mailboxes, journal mailboxes and public folders
- Prior to v6 SP3 the maximum limit for archiving a mail item was 200 MB.
- From v6 SP3 new message size limit avoids compression errors when archiving very large items. The maximum size is 250 MB (default value), above which EV does not archive an item from a mailbox, journal mailbox, or public folder.
2. Search results and restores for EV for Exchange
- A user can restore a large mail item (any item that is greater then 50 MB will be treated as large) to a mailbox or PST file, or place it into a shopping basket.
- Large and small files can be restored using Archive Explorer. There is no maximum size imposed.