How to move a Vault Store and Vault Store partition to a different Enterprise Vault (EV) server in the SAME site.
Note: This procedure involves directly editing the EnterpriseVaultDirectory SQL database. Please make sure a valid FULL backup of the database exists prior to making any of these changes.
1. Stop the EV Admin service on all EV servers that will be affected during this procedure.
2. On the server to which the Vault Store will be moved, a Storage Service must already exist.
3. From the Vault Administration Console (VAC) on the second server, right click the Storage Service and choose Properties. Change the description that is easily identifiable to this server.
4. Open SQL Enterprise Manager
5. Expand the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database, select Tables
6. In the right hand pane, right click the StorageServiceEntry table, select Open Table, then Return all Rows (Figure 1).
7. Look for the row that contains the Storage Service entry from step 2. (Figure 2)
8. On the same row, copy the ServiceEntryID field (ctrl-C)
9. Close the StorageServiceEntry table
10. Right click the VaultStoreEntry table, select Open Table, then Return all Rows
11. Find the row of the Vault Store that will be changed. In the StorageServiceEntryID field, paste (Ctrl-V) the data from step 7. Take a note that the data has been copied successfully (Figure 3).
12. Close the VaultStoreEntry table
14. Start all EV services on all affected servers.
15. Check the Event Viewer for any errors and troubleshoot them.
Note: When using the option "include link to archived item" it will be necessary to run "RestoreShortcutBody" [See related documents]. This will ensure that the link URL resolves to the new storage server.