Troubleshooting Backup Exec for Windows Servers (BEWS) Push Installation Issues
Remote Agent Push Installations issues:
1. A "push" installation of Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) fails with the error "Attempting to connect to server \\test failed with the following error: The server threw an exception." if the Admin Shares are disabled on the remote server.
6. Push install of the Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) fails with error "Attempt to connect to server failed with the following error:Not enough storage is available to complete this operation." To resolve this issue refer to the following technote:
7. Push installation of Symantec Backup Exec components to a system running Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) version 11, fails with the error "Attempting to connect to server \\Servername failed with the following error: No network provider accepted the given network path."
8. When you use the Add Server option to add an existing Backup Exec 2010 Agent to a Backup Exec server that is running Backup Exec 15 FP1 or later, you receive an error message. The error message indicates that you cannot add the remote computer to Backup Exec. Due to security enhancements, you must upgrade the Agent. To resolve this issue, refer to the following technote:
Other push install issues:
9. Push installation of Backup Exec options fails if the authentication account password contains a percent sign (%).