ProblemConfiguring Microsoft Exchange 2003 - Service Pack 2 with Veritas Storage Foundation HA for Windows
This document provides steps for configuring Microsoft Exchange 2003 Service Pack (SP2) in a Storage Foundation HA for Windows environment.
Note: If Microsoft Exchange 2003 is already installed, proceed to "Upgrading to Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP2." For a new installation of Microsoft Exchange 2003 with SP2, proceed to "Installing Exchange 2003 with SP2 in a Storage Foundation HA for Windows cluster."
Upgrading an Existing Microsoft Exchange 2003 server to SP2
1. Make sure the DetailMonitor attribute of all ExchService type resources is set to zero
2. Make sure the cluster is configured to run in a non-secure mode before installing the service pack. The procedure to perform this can be found in the technote referenced in the "Related Documents" section of this article.
3. Storage Foundation HA for Windows 4.3 Maintenance Pack 1 (MP1), or later, is required to support Exchange 2003 SP2.
Perform the following steps to upgrade Microsoft Exchange 2003 from a cluster node that is a part of the Exchange service group. Make sure that all of the cluster nodes have the same version and service pack level of Microsoft Exchange:
1. Online the Exchange service group on the node where Exchange will be upgraded.
2. Save the cluster configuration and stop HAD (the Veritas High Availability Engine service) on the node where the Exchange installation will be upgraded by typing the following:
haconf -dump -makero
hastop -local -force
3. Using the Exchange System Manager, select "Do not mount this store at start-up" for all of the databases used by the Exchange virtual server for this service group.
Note: This option should remain selected until the upgrade has been completed on all nodes.
4. Install Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP2 on the node where the service group is currently online.
Note: If prompted to install the hotfix for Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 831464.
5. Start HAD on the node by typing the following:
6. Switch the Exchange cluster service group to the next node that will be upgraded.
Note: For a GCO (Global Cluster Option) configuration, simply perform a global failover to the secondary site. Update the nodes on the secondary, or disaster recovery, site in the same manner as they were updated on the primary site.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 on all remaining nodes that are part of the Exchange service group. When all of the nodes have been upgraded, deselect "Do not mount this store at start-up" for all of the databases that were previously selected. This can be performed by using the Exchange System Manager.
Note: After installing SP2, the Exchange System Manager may not function properly until all nodes are rebooted.
Installing a new Microsoft Exchange 2003 server with SP2 in a Storage Foundation HA for Windows cluster
This section describes steps to configure a new Microsoft Exchange 2003 server with SP2 in a VERITAS Cluster Server cluster.
Refer to the "Veritas Cluster Server (tm) Application Agent for Microsoft Exchange - Configuration Guide" for instructions on installing Microsoft Exchange in a Cluster Server cluster. A link to this document is located in the Related Documents section below. After installing Microsoft Exchange 2003, install Service Pack 2 before proceeding with the post installation steps.