ProblemVERITAS Enabled Arrays - Array Support Library and Array Policy Module for Hitachi 9500 and AMS/WMS (DF700) Series arrays (Active/Passive-Group) on VERITAS Volume Manager 4.1 MP1 and later for Solaris (Sparc)
This TechFile provides information about the Array Support Library (ASL) and Array Policy Module (APM) for Hitachi 9500 (DF600) and AMS/WMS (DF700) Series arrays on VERITAS Volume Manager 4.1 MP1 and later for Solaris (Sparc).
For general information about ASLs, see TechNote 249446 (link in the Related Documents section of this TechFile)
Supported versions of VERITAS Volume Manager: 4.1 MP1, 4.1 MP(x).
Supported Arrays: Hitachi 9500 (DF600) and AMS/WMS (DF700) Series (A/P-G)
1. With microcode versions later than X655, HITACHI 9500 (DF600) and AMS/WMS (DF700) arrays are claimed as A/A-A (Active/Active Asymmetric) to be in synchronization with the hybrid behavior of the array.
2. Use the ASL/APM attached with this TechNote for VERITAS Volume Manager 4.1 MP1 and later for both the HITACHI 9500V (DF600) and the AMS/WMS (DF700) Series arrays
3. In the array settings, ensure that the PID is one of either DF600, DF600-V, DF600F, or DF600F-V
4. Support for the Hitachi 9500V on VERITAS Volume Manager 4.0 and 4.1 is available in this TechFile: http://support.veritas.com/docs/268895
5. Support for the Hitachi AMS/WMS (DF700) on VERITAS Volume Manager 4.1 is available in this TechFile: http://support.veritas.com/docs/278145
6. The Shadow Image feature is supported
At the bottom of this TechFile, click on Download Now to download the APM and ASL package
After downloading VRTSHDS-AMS_9500V_SunOSsparc_vm41MP1.tar.Z , uncompress the file:
# mkdir /tmp/HDS_ASLAPM
# cd /tmp/HDS_ASLAPM
# zcat VRTSHDS-AMS_9500V_SunOSsparc_vm41MP1_280270.tar.Z | tar xvf -
After uncompressing, one ASL package directory and one APM package directory are available:
Before adding any ASL package, ensure VERITAS Volume Manager is installed and enabled:
# vxdctl mode
Install the APM first:
# pkdadd -d . VRTSHDS-DF600-apm
Install the ASL:
# pkgadd -d . VRTSHDS-DF600-asl
After the packages are installed, you must execute the vxdctl enable command to claim the disk array as an HDS9500V or AMS_WMS array and load the new APM:
# vxdctl enable
Note: In some cases, it has been reported that the installation of the ASL and/or APM does not take effect, and vxdctl enable does not claim the enclosure and devices. In such cases, you can execute the vxconfigd -k command in addition to vxdctl enable.
After executing vxdctl enable, verify the output of the vxddladm listsupport command:
vxddladm listsupport libname=libhdsasl.so
PID DF600,DF600-V,DF600F, DF600F-V
ARRAY_TYPE A/A-A-HDS, A/PG, A/P, A/A
Verify also that the APM is in Active state using the following command:
# vxdmpadm listapm all | grep -i hdsalua
dmphdsalua dmphdsalua 1 A/A-A-HDS Active