How to enable or disable the keys "Use Fast File Restore" and "Use Fast File Append" from Beutility in Backup Exec for Windows Servers 10.x and above.
This issue may occur if the "Use Fast File Restore" and "Use Fast File Append" keys are enabled
When these keys are enabled, Backup Exec (tm) uses fast file access to speed up the process of finding the appropriate spot on the tape that contains the necessary data. In some cases there can be problems accessing the tape using fast file access; disabling these features can work around tape access problems during backup/restore.
In Backup Exec 10.x and above, the keys Use Fast File Restore and Use fast file append can be enabled/disabled within the BeUtility program.
Follow the steps below to enable these keys from BeUtility:
1. Open BeUtility located in the
\Program files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT directory for Backup Exec version 10.x and below
\Program files\Symantec\Backup Exec\ for version 11.x and above.
2. In the BeUtility console, right-click All media servers and select New media server (Figure 1)
3. In the Select media server window, click Browse and select the media server (Figure 2)
4. Once the media server is selected, select the Check media server status check box and click OK (Figure 3)
5. For Backup Exec 10, Right-click the media server in the right pane and select Edit configuration (Figure 4)
6. In the Edit Media server configuration window, select the desired check box (Use Fast File Restore or Use fast file append) and click OK