ProblemDOCUMENTATION: How to set up a barcode rule for cleaning tapes
Manual: NetBackup DataCenter (tm) 4.5 Media Manager for Windows System Administrator's Guide
Page: 160 - 165
Modification Type: Addition
A barcode rule should be added for cleaning media if NetBackup is going to perform drive cleaning. This rule can be set in the NetBackup Administration Console within the Advanced Inventory Options. If cleaning tapes are labeled with barcodes containing "CLN," only one rule will have to be set up so that all future cleaning tapes will be designated properly.
Perform the following steps to configure the cleaning tape:
1. Open the NetBackup Administration Console and navigate to Media and Device Management | Devices | Hosts | <Server_name> (Figure 1)
2. Determine the drive density that is being used from the Drive Type field (Figure 1)
3. Right-click the server name under Media and Device Management | Devices | Hosts and select Inventory Robot
4. Select Update volume configuration and click Advanced Options
5. Select the Barcode Rules tab in the Advanced Robot Inventory Options window (Figure 2)
6. Select New to bring up the New Barcode Rule window (Figure 2)
7. In the Barcode tag field, type "CLN" if the barcode contains "CLN." If the cleaning media does not have a "CLN" barcode then type the full barcode label.
NOTE: If "CLN" barcodes are not being used, then each new cleaning tape with a new barcode will have to be configured.
8. Select the correct Media type for the type of tape that is being used. In this example, the type would be "DLT cleaning tape 2."
9. Enter a description in the Description field, if desired, and click OK
10. Confirm that the barcode rule has been added and then click OK to close the Advanced Robot Inventory Options window (Figure 3)
Inventory can now be run to add the cleaning tape(s) to the volume database.