The error "Database Query Failure. See the job log for details" (e0008492 HEX or a0008492 HEX)" is reported when backing up a Microsoft SQL database.
- Selection of the non existent database in the backup job.
- MDAC mismatch DLL.
- Restrict anonymous key is set to "0".
- Both SQL Server 7.0 (default instance) and SQL Server 2000 (named instance) are installed on the same computer.
2) Run the MDAC component checker to check for MDAC mismatch DLLS. If mismatch is found, please contact Microsoft for getting the expected DLL.
3) Enable the restrict anonymous key following the TechNote given in the related link.
4) If both SQL Server 7.0 (default instance) and SQL Server 2000 (named instance) are installed on the same computer, an application that uses the SQL Server Virtual Device Interface (VDI) may fail to back up a SQL Server 7.0 database , Please refer to the following Microsoft article.
In case any of the above solutions does not work , Please go through the SQL logs to trace the exact error message and contact Symantec Technical Support.
Viewing Error Logs for SQL.
The Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 error log can be viewed using SQL Server Enterprise Manager or any text editor. The most current error log is named Errorlog (with no extension) and is located in the Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Mssql\Log directory by default.
To view the SQL Server error log from SQL Server Enterprise Manager
1) Expand a server group, and then expand a server.
2) Expand Management, and then expand SQL Server Logs.
3) Click the SQL Server Log to view it. Error log information appears in the details pane.