How to globally exclude specific folders while performing a backup in SYMANTEC Backup Exec for Windows Servers
To globally exclude specific folders from backup, for example Temp, Test etc, refer the following steps:
1. On the menu bar, click Edit and then click Manage selection list (Figure 1).
2. Highlight Excludes and then click Edit (Figure 2)
3. On the Exclude Properties window click Insert (Figure 3)
4. To exclude folders like Test from all the backup jobs, type \\*\*\**test\ in the Path field. Make sure Include subdirectories is selected (Figure 4).
5. After you click OK you will see the exclusion (Figure 5)
To globally exclude all folders that contain a particular name from backup, for example Test, type \\*\*\**test*\ in the Path field. Make sure Include subdirectories is selected (Figure 6).