How to move Enterprise Vault (EV) indexes that are managed by the same EV server .
Note: The following instructions only apply to Enterprise Vault 9.x and previous versions. If you are running Enterprise Vault 10.0.x or above please refer to the following article:
How to move the Index location to a different location on the same server
- Stop the Indexing Service. While the Indexing Service is stopped, no searches through Compliance or Discovery Accelerator are possible. The Outlook Integrated Search, Archive Explorer and Browser Search will also be unavailable.
- Backup the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.
- Backup the current indexes.
- Copy the index folder to the new location.
- Open SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager or SQL Management Studio.
- Expand Databases > EnterpriseVaultDirectory > Tables.
- Open the IndexRootPathEntry table and change the IndexRootPath to the new location (Figure 1).
- Exit SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager or SQL Management Studio.
- Restart the Indexing Service.
- Open the Properties for the Indexing Service and verify the new location is displayed on the Index Locations tab.
- Perform test searches.
- Delete the indexes from the original location.