How to uninstall the Original Equipment Manufacturer driver for the medium changer in a robotic library so as to make it "Unknown medium changer"
To resolve hardware communication problems between Backup Exec and the tape device, it is recommended to install the latest Symantec device drivers for the tape drive and to uninstall the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) driver for the medium changer.
To uninstall the OEM driver for the medium changer for the Robotic Library, follow the steps below:
Please note that this process may require the server to be restarted.
1. Open the Device Manager as shown in Figure 1
2. Right click the medium changer and go to Properties. Select the Driver tab, click on Update Driver as shown in Figure 2.
3. On the Hardware Update Wizard Welcome page, select the option Install from a list or specified location (Advanced), click Next to continue as shown in Figure 3.
4. Select the option Don't search. I will choose the driver to install and click Next as shown in Figure 4.
5. Select the Unknown Medium Changer and click Next as shown in Figure 5.
6. Click Finish to complete the wizard as shown in Figure 6.
7. The medium changer will now show as Unknown medium changer as shown in Figure 7.
8. The Driver tab in the Properties of the medium changer will now show the driver provider as Microsoft as shown in Figure 8.
9. Click on Driver Details to verify the following message as shown in Figure 9.