How to do a manual / silent install of the Backup Exec 11.x or above Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) if the push install does not succeed.
In the install folder of the full version of Backup Exec 11.x, 12.x or 2010:
\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC\Backup Exec\Agents
2. Copy the RAWS32/RAWSX64 folder from one of the locations listed above to the remote server that needs the Remote Agent installed (Figure 1)
3. On the remote server, open the RAWS32/RAWS64 folder and run the Setupaa.cmd file. (Use the file setupaofo.cmd to enabled the Advance Open File Options).
Note- On Windows 2008, Vista or Windows 7, right click Setupaa.cmd and Run as Administrator.
4. The command prompt will appear blank between a few seconds and a couple minutes while the remote agent installs.(Figure 2)
5. Once completed, the command prompt cursor will appear awaiting further input.
6 . Open the Windows Services Applet by clicking Start | Programs | Administrative Tools | Services
7. Verify that the "Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers" service is listed and started (Figure 3) .
The machine is now able to be selected for backup in the selections list on the media server.
A reboot of the system is recommended as soon as possible after the install (As a workaround restarting the "Backup Exec Remote Agent Service" might also work).
Note: With Backup Exec 2010 or higher a SSL trust will need accepted after a manual install of remote agent by re-enumerating the selection list of the exsisting backup job.