How to move the catalogs in Backup Exec for Windows Servers 11d and above to a different drive.
NOTE: The default location for Backup Exec for Windows Servers 11d and above is the C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs folder.
1. Open the Backup Exec application
2. Click Tools | Options | Settings | Catalog
3. View the Current Path field to confirm the current location and path
4. Locate the drop-down arrow on the Catalog drive field to change the drive location
(Note: The drive must be a logical partition existing on the media server.)
6. If the path does not already exist, the catalog path error dialog box will appear, requesting permission to try and create the path.
7. Click Yes to create the path (Figure 2)
8. In order to allow the changes to take effect, a stop and start of the Backup Exec services will be required
9. Click OK (Figure 3)
10. Open the Backup Exec Services Manager (BESM) from within the Backup Exec application
11. To do this, click on the BESM icon (green arrow) at the bottom right hand side of the Backup Exec application (Figure 4)
12. Stop the Backup Exec services with the Backup Exec Services Manager (Figure 5)
16. Open the Backup Exec for Windows Servers application and go to Restore Selections. The selections list will have the same backup sets as before the move (Figure 7).
17. The previous Catalogs folder may now be deleted.